Emotional Security has major role every newborn's life since it establishes expressive protection, trust and acquaintance with mother or caregiver. After delivery, child’s first bodily contact with his mother or caretaker has great influence on child’s body system for rest of his life. After contact, the brain should interpret ate the sensations correctly and appropriately in order to form the first emotional attachment. Sometimes, it is also called as mother-infant bond. This bond is essential for the physical and mental development of the baby. This bonding later helps in developing body image and body awareness. It also provides a sense of himself as the physical body.
- · Baby’s tummy time is essential as it helps in colic movement and helps core muscles to strengthen.
- · Rocking, swaying and baby helps to promote vestibular sense.
- · Post-delivery skin-to-skin contact is important.
- · Daily massage and sponge play important role in child’s growth and development
- · Maintain hygiene
- · Talk to baby softly and gently.
- · Keep the environment clean, and quiet to support his sleeping well.